Saturday, September 1, 2012

Copper Bracelet -- Lace Imprint


Playing with adding texture to metal...in this case 20 gauge copper sheet.  Took a piece of lace, and then ran it through the roller. Four holes, some leather string, and a bracelet is made.  The lace is subtle, but does show up in contrast to the part I kept smooth...photography makes that a bit hard to tell.

Here is another do-dad I cut out by hand...love using hand tools ...goes slow enough to allow a good deal of control, but still cuts metal! Fine tooth blade...think my "unorthodox" sewing experience helps...I've done a fair amount of bizarre movements with the Bernina when working on Solvy projects...the movements to get the needle (or blade) to move where you want.   Note: I have broken a lot of blades, but my rate of breakage is improving.




No comments:

Post a Comment