Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Iteration Interpreted in Wax for Bronze


This is what started the Iteration thought.  I was somehow drawn to repetitive shapes easily made by hand. I am not much of a "realistic"  figure artist ("not much" being an overstatement), and kind of shudder at the lack of my skills there.  I decided that I would embrace what I can do, and that is make these balls....by hand easily, without fret...embrace what I could do likely being a good mode to make forward progress. 

Currently I am exploring culture trends in "making" and decided that making pseudo uniformity by hand kind of dovetails into the movement of technology being used to customize. The balls are the same, but different, by hand.  And hopefully, they are caught in "movement," which may be more evident in real life than in this picture. 

This is being prepped to cast in bronze. Plan to mount on backing..working through the process/choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment