Sunday, February 14, 2016

Finally -- my first risen yeast thing




Yes, it should have domed on the top, but my first solo yeast item.  I had personal lesson a few weeks ago, with my "teacher" telling me "don't be afraid."  Yeast has always seemed somewhat mystic to me, and sensitive.  Ok, so yeast is 5000 or so years old and used by billions, but, me, not until now. It did take me two attempts to get the "starter" (or whatever it is called) right...didn't seem to bubble/froth as it did during my lesson, so did another one ..tablespoon yeast, warm water, honey. Now  I would like to try my "familiarity" (not quite a skill yet!)  on french bread.  





Note: My teacher tells me that I shouldn't put the plastic over the loaves...that might have helped create the flat top. Pictures reveal!




No comments:

Post a Comment