Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Skirt and top...silk


Quite a perspective, does it also hide the lack of crafpersonship ?  Silk skirt from friend made bigger to fit me, and silk top made the simple "fold over" and cut out shape method (selvage edge for the armhole openings...clean w/o sleeve hem.)

 I began to realize the silk I was using was different than what I have used before -- I have had much easier sewing with silk charmeuse.  Think this was crepe back silk satin.  I took the lazy path this time -- grabbed the black bolt, didn't dye it  from white myself...and the fabric difference ending up making it more challenging. A fine way to determine what not to do next time.  Silk charmuese is easier for me to handle -- hems easier, stays put better while sewing,  doesn't thread pull like I found this in sewing (uga), etc.  I need to re-work the top on this still ...unless I want to pretend a Neanderthal executed the neckline.

No comments:

Post a Comment