Friday, May 11, 2018

Platter with Pattern..Ceramics...first steps

Trying something, will see how it works. Using hand cut paper ( cut with tiny scissors) designs, rolled into slab (with a few hours of dry time), then brushed underglaze on them. I likely didn't need to wait on the slab to roll in the pattern, but I was doing something else, and didn't want to have paper sit there too long without me applying glaze. 

 Turned up the ends for a slight "handle" for platter. Didn't test these glazes on this clay....so, more than just how the pattern will come out in terms of "mystery" to reveal in kiln.  Well, not a total mystery, as did apply paper cut out to crown, and that worked out fine -- I think this time I was light on the glaze...think I was balancing darkness of clay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment