Saturday, June 29, 2019

Doll -- 85 years ago -- comes to get reacquainted


My cousin came to pay a visit to my Mom with some precious gifts. First gift, her love in person.
Second, a quilt she had made of fabrics leftover from past sewing projects of my Mom's -- dresses from grade school, etc.  Then a photo album of images of my Mom and her sister (Mom of my cousin). And, then a fourth gift, this doll that the sisters had as kids in the 1930s. 

Looking through the album -- WOW -- we saw a picture of Mom and Auntie Gina with their dolls and teddy bears displayed.  I recalled hearing that they didn't have many toys growing up, but, that looks like a lot of dolls and bears to me! 

So, Mom got to hold her doll from 85 years ago -- and the doll got to look at how she looked back then as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment