Thursday, September 2, 2010

Web of Lies



Playing with knotless netting. Can't say that it is my favorite thing to do, lots of strings that fall back on each other...keeping the tension even has proved challenging. I was kind of forced into knotless netting via an assignment, and that made me not the happiest I have ever been -- which made me start thinking of one's heart being in a noose (a future piece?!)...your "love" is restrained, as I couldn't do what I wanted. That made me think of things that weren't very pleasant, and combining that way of thinking with of what the knotless netting looked like itself, I came up with the concept of "A Web of Lies."

Thought of some lies, typed them up, printed them on cloth, then wove them into the net. Netted it around a piece of plexiglass, mainly because I liked the color, not because I think it is the best for getting the "web" part across. I was going to make the netting itself out of the printed lies, and attach it to various plexi thin rods, so it looked like a "spider web" but that would have required a bit more work than I was game to do on this for now....though I may do it in the future. A companion piece to this will be "A Den of Thieves."

No comments:

Post a Comment