Friday, October 19, 2012

My first bezel...



Practicing skill still.  Bezel not quite adhered to the stone, but is soldered in place, and next steps should be easy.   Still using copper since I am beginner here, but makes for a good experiment element.  

Steps:  a. sketch design, b. rubber cement to copper plate,  c. cut interior  (the interior of "petal" here)...first drill small hole so your blade can fit through, then cut as desired d. cut outside lines e. file edges...bevel as desired f. measure and cut bezel as desired g. solder bezel together h. solder bezel to piece i. pickle k. polish l. place stone m. bend bezel to conform with stone.   

Some of my polishing needs work near the bezel, so I didn't bend bezel so I could pop out the stone while I worked further.  I like that this is "3d" in that the petals bend...interior and exterior. Took the idea from a pin my Grandma used to wear...wasn't this shape, but the petals undulated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment