Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cement Floor --patina of use


This cement floor had served in my Dad's studio at one point before he moved his studio to bigger separate building. I believe the paint splats must have been from some project way back then in 1960s.

A decade or so later, a bit of an unorthodox use of mainly scrap wood was used to create a parquet floor.  Unfortunately, some of it was tasty for bad bugs, so the floor removed (with a lot of work), to reveal the cement above (after quite a bit of cleaning).  So the lines from the wood blocks added their own patina to the floor. Did I really need to say how much work it was to tackle this? Yes. 

And I haven't even got to polishing or whatever else I may do to finish it off while leaving it pseudo "raw."


No comments:

Post a Comment