Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Prague Open Face Sandwiches Oblozene Chlebicky


From my first trip to Prague, I have smiled as I see these sandwiches in the bake shops....they are "utilitarian" and on the inexpensive side, even for there....these are about equivalent of about $1 per.
Back in 1990 you saw them in more places, but now fancier (in theory) fare has taken the retail shop spaces, but you still can find these...just tucked even more in background.  My friend had told me before they were the workers sandwiches....before subs and such had hit.  Oblozene Chlebicky (dressed bread).

Look at that fanfare and flourish....each applied by hand of course, with care for visual and taste combined.  I can't say they are the most delicious item to eat there, but they get an A for effort. 






No comments:

Post a Comment