Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Working in Wax




Made these recalling a few things -- the person was like Mud Bloop, a creature I kept on my desk for years while at Express...was a good guy to hold as a "thought piece" (rosary?) and occasionally pound on the desk in frustration brought on by tiredness or perhaps something else (he could take it, he was my helper, and new that I loved him). This guys arms are curved in just a bit as he was effected by his surroundings at the time....someone near me at the studio was crying for some reason, so he was giving her a hug in spirit. I envison him as a paper weight..it was also very blowy out that day...60 mph winds, and that way he can be a reminder of compassion and gravity.

The four legged creature reminding me of something I made with my Dad in ceramics. My sisters each made one, and my Dad helped me a lot with mine (I was the littlest one). I made it "all by myself" this time...quite a few years later. (gosh, I can't even write the amount of years down!).

Child-like these are, my 4rd and 5th piece in wax to be cast in bronze (or perhaps not...we shall see if I go to cast them).

No comments:

Post a Comment