Monday, November 25, 2013

Wool Bracelet with Stitching


Liking fabric bracelets.  a) easy to wear, light.  b) you don't need to take them off at airport security. c) I like fabric in general! d) easy to make.


Ok, this could be finished more finely, but was super quick:

1. Cut stripe of black wool.
2. Wrap around wrist and mark measurement.
3. Stitch on machine or hand random pattern...used silver thread made for machine use.
4. Made wide "buttonhole" where it will wrap bottom of wrist....put one end through the buttonhole, tie together.

Be sure to make the ends long enough to tie with the help of your "free" hand.  Of course, could make it velcro or other join fastener, but I like the extra flair of tie...matches the "messy" approach of shiny and casual that I was after here.  Like I don't care, but I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment